On Wed, 16 Jan 2019, at 2:42 PM, Victor Giordano wrote:
> As far i can get to understand the english language (i'm not a native
> speaker), the "er" seems to denotes or describe things in a more "active way"
> (the thing that they actually do by itself), and the "able" describes things
> in a more "passive way" (the thing that you can "ask it/his/her" to do). Do
> you find this appreciation correct?

This is correct.

The Go idiomatic style is to use the '-er' suffix. But this can sometimes lead
to strange or obscure names even for native English speakers.

For example, an interface with a "Stale() bool" method seems very strange when
named as "Staler". All these sound weird: Lookuper, Errorer, Nexter

My preference is for naming to be clear and understandable as I can make it. I
use '-er' if it makes sense, then maybe '-able' or even something that captures
something from the domain the usual ones being Logger or DataStore.

All the best,

Ian