Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get an existing project which outputs multiple binaries
to work with go modules. The package follows roughly the recommended
layout: https://github.com/golang-standards/project-layout

That is, it looks like

/go.mod
/go.sum
/code.go
/cmd/foo/main.go
/cmd/bar/main.go

I have a top level make file that looks roughly like:

all: foo bar

foo: ...
    go build -o foo ./cmd/foo/...

bar: ...
    go build -o bar ./cmd/bar/...

When I type "make", it seems like go.sum and go.mod end up with only
bar's dependencies, because the last go invocation prunes the "unused"
dependencies from the module files. I've tried various ways of using
mutiple go.mod and go.sum files (one in each binary directory), but I
can't quite get the includes of the top level package right.

I see https://github.com/golang/go/issues/14295, which will solve this
problem for me, but it doesn't exist yet.

Is there some clever way of structuring a project like this with go
modules that I haven't figured out yet?

Thanks,

Tycho