Hi,

You might be seeing an issue due to using an absolute path as your module
path when you did 'go mod init /Users/me/goO/mycat'.

Usually the module path should start with a hostname, including a dot (and
I think that is a requirement if you with to publish the module and have it
work with 'go get).

I think I have seen a situation where someone hit some unexpected errors
when using an absolute path for the module path, so that might explain what
you are seeing, or might not, but I would advise trying to fix that to see
if it helps. If it does help, I would advise filing an issue to have a
clearer error message in the situation you hit.

Alternatively, you could try with the latest 1.12 beta, which includes
better error messages in many cases.

Regards,
thepudds