Suggestion: specify all relevant details as we don’t know what kind of machine
you have.

I suspect your machine is a 64bit word size machine. C ints are typically 4
bytes even on 64bit word size machines. Go ints are 8 bytes on these machines.

Suggestion2: look at the generated assembly language code for each program.
Making sense of compiler output is a very useful skill to learn for
benchmarking (& more).