I have used gopherjs for some small projects; it's pretty nice and lets you
'think in Go' yet still access the DOM pretty easily.
I am no JS expert, so using it let me sidestep some of the ugliness there.
It definitely made doing async stuff nicer, using goroutines instead of
lots of callback-style constructs.