On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 09:35:38 -0800 (PST)
jake6...@gmail.com wrote:

> I can not speak directly to Go's version, but according to the IETF
> standards, a domain name can not start with a digit. So they are in
> fact malformed.

It used to, but then RFC 1123 section 2.1 relaxed the syntax to allow
digit [1],

      The syntax of a legal Internet host name was specified in RFC-952
      [DNS:4].  One aspect of host name syntax is hereby changed: the
      restriction on the first character is relaxed to allow either a
      letter or a digit.  Host software MUST support this more liberal
      syntax.

This was also confirmed by RFC 2181 section 11 [2],

   The DNS itself places only one restriction on the particular labels
   that can be used to identify resource records.  That one restriction
   relates to the length of the label and the full name.  The length of
   any one label is limited to between 1 and 63 octets.  A full domain
   name is limited to 255 octets (including the separators).

[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1123#page-13
[2] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2181#section-11

--
{ "github":"github.com/shuLhan", "site":"kilabit.info" }