There is one place where derivative is irrelevant, that would be where a
patent sticks to the algorithm, and this patently idiotic situation is not
universally applicable, some jurisdictions never added this kind of lunacy
to copyright law (unfortunately, not all).

As I understand it, the licence on the Google official Go compiler makes
absolutely no restrictions on *your* source code, nor the binaries the
compiler creates from them, regardless of the fact it imports the standard
library. Specifically, and in practise, the library links your code to the
*compiled* binary objects created from the source of the stdlib. Besides,
that would be quite inefficient anyway.

I think it should be obvious that a programmer's studio should not feel
like a courtroom, or one has quite misplaced priorities on the whole
business of facilitating development of new software.

I could say more about my opinions on copyright but I'll let the licences I
put on my stuff speak for me.