John, the Web Browser communicates with the Web Server using the http
protocol. So http is the definition how they interact with each other. It’s
not a language but a protocol.

The Web Browser can display (or render) stuff which has been transferred
via http. This could be some HTML with the help of JavaScript. HTML is a
markup language and you cannot program with it. It is comprises the parts
your web page is made of e.g. a table. JavaScript on the other hand is a
language one can program with (e.g. the animations you mention). A third
thing is CSS used to position or colorize HTML elements like a table.

The Web Server of course should be the one from Go :) But there are many
around. The simplest way is to serve a directory which contains HTML, CSS
and JavaScript files. It becomes interesting when your Web Server creates
dynamic HTML using some logic. This can become complicated when you have a
database or services which your Go code connects to. Then things like sql,
rest, grpc or soap come into the game. But that might be too much for the
moment.

Hope this helps.