Oh, I don't mean 'funny' in a derogatory way. Some of them are beautiful
and I find the languages that use them, fascinating grammar and etymology
and differences in grammar. For me language is a general category of much
interest, and programming very specific and use-targeted, but for sure,
many computer languages are affected by the languages of its designers and
some even are named to signify that, such as the syntax RPN, which is
closely related to Lisp's syntax.

The issue about capitalisation and equivalence of symbols would make the
use of languages without capitalisation difficult for sure. It's great to
see that someone is actually caring enough about it to facilitate it. Go
idiom prescribes certain policies with naming - I'd guess that if those
rules were tightened up a bit more, and tools built to lint them, that
fully translating into another script (even potentially rtl) would be a lot
easier than the good old days when the compiler only recognised ascii.