On Sunday, June 9, 2019 at 9:56:43 AM UTC-4, Bakul Shah wrote:

> You are almost always going to call a string's Render function
> (as you defined it in your original post) from a parent HTMLTree
> struct' Render(), almost never in isolation -- except perhaps some
> tests. So one suggestion is to deal with string rendering issues
> in the parent HTMLTree struct's Render(). Now you can still say
>
>   Div("", P("id=1", "When in the course of ..."))

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but I don't see how to make that work for
tags that can take both text or other elements without resorting to making
the content arguments of type interface{}. That's doable and the
performance penalty is negligible but it discards the benefit of Go's
compile time type checks.

For reference, I've pasted together the guts of my html rendering code,
defined a couple of tag functions and added a short main to illustrate what
I'm doing at https://play.golang.org/p/_qZ7Oyv2Foa

Any suggestions for cleanly allowing passing strings appreciated.