Hi

"https://tour.golang.org/moretypes/13";

"The make function allocates a zeroed array and returns a slice that refers to
that array."

Yet more detailed literature states that make does not zero whilst new does.

I gather this is because the shorthand used in the tour, instantiates new in the
background and wants to be as simple as possible for new users?

I am not sure if that is actually most helpful. To avoid confusion, should it be
something like:

The shorthand make := syntax allocates a zeroed array (akin to automatically
invoking new) and returns a slice that refers to that array?

Regards, Kc