On Tue, 24 Sep 2019, at 10:48 PM, Craig Rodrigues wrote:
> I have a package where the dependencies were vendored in a few years ago
> using govendor.
>
> I am trying to convert the vendor tree from govendor to go modules.
>
> I a having problems finding libraries written by Peter Edge,
> which had a DNS entry of go.pedge.io:
>
>  "path": "go.pedge.io/env",
>  "path": "go.pedge.io/lion",
>  "path": "go.pedge.io/lion/current",
>  "path": "go.pedge.io/lion/env",
>  "path": "go.pedge.io/lion/grpc",
>  "path": "go.pedge.io/lion/syslog",
>  "path": "go.pedge.io/pb/go/google/protobuf",
>  "path": "go.pedge.io/pkg/cobra",
>  "path": "go.pedge.io/proto/time",
>
> go.pedge.io does not seems to resolve in DNS for me.
>
> Also https://github.com.com/peter-edge does not point to a valid GitHub
> account.
>
> For this particular case where:
>
> 1. dependencies were vendored in a few few years ago using govendor
> 2. I want to convert from govendor to go modules, and rebuild the vendor tree
>
> What should I do?

It sounds like you have the source code in your current vendor folder. If the
license is permissive you could copy the code to new packages in your own
codebase. Or you could republish the code you need in your own github repo and
then update your go.mod to replace references to those packages to their new
location. .

Either way you need to find replacements for them. The new Go proxy
infrastructure will make this situation less common in the future.

Ian