Cannot make local changes. Dispite previous comments This is still a
frustrating issue!

I have the following project structure:
 ── webserverbase
    ├── config
    │   ├── config.go
    ├── example
    │   ├── go.mod  // Mod file 1
    │   ├── go.sum
    │   ├── webserver.go
    ├── exec
    │   ├── exec.go
    │   └── exec_test.go
    ├── go.mod         // Mod file 2
    ├── go.sum

Mod File 1:
    module webserver.go
    go 1.13
    require github.com/mygit/webserverbase v0.1.0-alpha // indirect
    replace github.com/mygit/webserverbase/config v0.1.0-alpha => ../config

Mod File 2:
    module github.com/mygit/webserverbase
    go 1.13

At $GOPATH/pkg \mod\github.com\mygit\web!server!base@v0.1.0-alpha\ The
whole project source branch

In the examples dir I can:
    go install webserver.go
I get an exe in:
    C:\Users\user\go\bin

If I change webserverbase\config\config.go NOTHING CHANGES! Dispite the
replace in the go.mod file.

I need to make local changes to config before pushing to git. What am I
dooing wrong!

I even introduced a syntax error in to config.go. It is IGNORED!

Please Please help. I cannot see where I am going wrong! It should not be
this hard!

Stuart