I strongly agree this would be beneficial. I’ve discussed this exact concept
with my employer before, because it’s an area we have scanners for with older
languages, but not Go.

I do believe Snyk offers a commercial version of this service, but a public,
official, well-vetted repository that is machine-readable would be EXTREMELY
welcome.

And before we get into religious wars, no, package scanning is far from a
panacea, but it does help catch the low-hanging fruit early, and the popularity
of (generally non-Go) exploits out there taking advantage of years-old
known-vulnerable libraries indicate that widespread availability of such
scanning is a good thing.

- Dave