From: ⚛ <0xe2.0x9a.0...@gmail.com>
Sent: Feb 14, 2020 11:37 AM
To: golang-nuts
Subject: Re: [go-nuts] Go without garbage collector

On Friday, February 14, 2020 at 6:24:08 PM UTC+1, Robert Engels wrote:

Yes, and when you store value objects in a vector and it is resized, it is very expensive as you need to make copies of "large objects", vs a "pointer to an object".

A paged vector neither copies nor moves the objects when it is resized.

Direct access to memory offers some optimization opportunities that are not directly possible in a virtual machine programming language.