Dnia 2020-02-20, o godz. 08:25:57
Amnon BC <amno...@gmail.com> napisaƂ(a):

> Good point Jan, and I totally agree.
>
> I noticed that the proposal states that it can only be implemented by the
> core team.
>
> I don't really understand the statement, as go fmt is written in Go and all
> the sources are available online.

> So it might be worth expanding this statement to explain why this proposal
> can not be implemented by people outside the core team.

Because of what Jan mentioned: uniformity. Change of such kind must be agreed
upon then implemented thorough all community. The core team is the only entity
to wield such power.

I work with forked fmt and godoc (even compiler). Once you get hooked to such
settings you can not easily get out of it. You also unintentionally cut
yourself from
easy ways to giving code back. That's a dead-end for an individual (though I
must
admit that from the business pov it also may give a huge advantage over
competitors).

--
Wojciech S. Czarnecki
 << ^oo^ >> OHIR-RIPE