my take:
- c++ programmers are going to c++ program. film at 11 (rob pike had a
talk about that)
- dart has UI
- rust is fashionable, but scary (if you've done rust you'll know why)

yes, go was touted as a systems programming language, but it meant
"distributed systems". had that been made clear from the beginning all
this strife would've disappeared. u-root.org shows that go can be used
at firmware level quite handily.