While pure TDD as defined by its canonical text can be frustrating and time
consuming, simply not writing tests is not really a defensible position,
and definitely not one that Go, or any other language, should attempt to
make easier.
  Writing testable code, and writing tests, does not have to mean TDD. In
my experience it always results in better code, and us tasty slower to
write because you spend less time in dead ends.
  I've done my share of time restricted, stream of consciousness
programming. The results are almost always unmaintainable.
  Saying you should write tests, and write code intending to be tested, is
the right kind of virtue signalling. Tests are one of the few things we
have that gives any meaning to words Software Engineer.