I wrote some very efficient math software in Go. To accomplish my goals, I
used make and awk programs that generate assembly code tuned to the exact
demands of command line make configuration. Then it builds in go, then
runs.

This is not mainstream, but has worked well since Go 1.0. It never seemed
to me that it was something everyone needs, so that means it being “worse”
for me but simpler for a million others might be a reasonable trade off.

Is there anything of this kind at play here? Can it not be done perfectly
using m4, or cpp, or ...

--

*Michael T. jonesmichael.jo...@gmail.com <michael.jo...@gmail.com>*