On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 8:17 PM Dean Schulze <dean.w.schu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I must be missing something pretty simple, but I have a C struct like this:
>
> typedef struct line
> {
>     char hostname[HOSTNAME_MAX];
>     char ip[IP_MAX];
> }
>
> When I try to do the simple thing
>
> C.GoString(p.hostname)

An array of a fixed size within a C struct is a value (the same as in
Go), but C.GoString expects a pointer to a C.char. Try
`C.GoString(&p.hostname)`.

Not tested. Note that if hostname is not properly zero terminated,
your code will crash or misbehave.

(Automatic array decay applies to C code, but not in Go.)