Go get doesn't work with private servers that don't have a web serve set up
on them.  So I've switched to a private repo on github.com.  I'm getting a
410 error now from some proxy.  Here's the command:

go get  github.com/dwschulze/shippy-service-consignment/proto/consignment

I get this error:

reading
https://sum.golang.org/lookup/github.com/dwschulze/shippy-service-consignment@v0.0.0-20200518192947-d5972f582c2c:

410 Gone

Does go get not work with private repos even on a public github?