I read somewhere that the default # of GO threads is the number of cores of
the cpu.

What about where there are multiple cpus?  My servers have 2, 6 core Xeons.
With hyper threading, it looks like 24 cores available to Linux.

Will the GO scheduler schedule GO routines on both CPU's?

If the scheduler is running on one core, how does it manage to put GO
routines on other cores and/or CPU's? Does it create system threads (or
pthreads) on each of the other
cores and CPU's? Can it pin a thread to a specific core, or are you at the
mercy of the OS thread scheduler?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Thanks,

Joe