In a number of mailing list responses about various concerns or suggestions
regarding the specific choice of parens for type parameters, Ian has
responded a few times with:

> Let's get some experience with this syntax before we decide to change it.

What does this mean, exactly?

For context, I, as I am sure you are, am seeing a *lot* of feedback about
the choice of parens for this - on the mailing list, on Twitter, privately
from peers, and even my own self doubt of feeling a bit uncertain about if
I am reading the syntax correctly.

At what point is that feedback actionable? Is there a plan for making a
decision before it's more difficult to change?

For clarity, I have read the design document, both a year ago, and the
current revision, because I am very excited about the work that is being
done. I've played with the playground, and read a few other examples and
posts folks have written about the current draft.

I still feel a bit uncertain/uncomfortable. I also think initial reactions
are valuable, because they can show us how immediately understandable
choices are, which is important as Go welcomes new or casual developers.

TL;DR: what's next for that specific design decision?

Thank you!
Brian