> Yes, the exact use case I'm thinking of is reading UDP datagrams. I just
> want to read them as fast as possible then hand them off to other

goroutines for further processing. I was just thinking I would get better
speed/throughput if I had a couple of go routines listening, waiting to
pick up a packet.

What manner of unpredictable behavior do TCP sockets exhibit of you have
multiple reading processes?  Does anyone know how high performance web
servers deal with this?
(I'm thinking of Apache/Caddy, etc)

Thanks!

Joe