> Thanks for pointing this out. I'm cool with this approach. I'll update my
>> library to utilize it (and consider also adopting the list.List, though I
>> do like my freedom to pool list nodes).

Personally, I'd start by re-using list.List, and only use pools if there
really is a significant performance benefit to be gained there.
If you just need zero-valued elements, I could imagine that sync.Pool might
end up slower than just using the GC.

Hopefully with aggressive inlining of the specialized type the compiler
>> will be able to make the optimizations that it would be able to make if the
>> slicing were performed directly on an array.

What optimisations are you thinking of here? Are you concerned that slice
operations are too slow?

  cheers,
    rog.