> Then why are they in a monorepo?
>
> AFAIK monorepos for strictly controlled dependenies and easier refactorings.
>
> If two part needs different versions for something common, then they should
> live and evolve  separately.

This is a subset of a larger mono-repo. This repo has sources for
about 40 other services(sources for the binaries) and libraries, in
different languages. All our sources are kept in a single monolithic
repository (like Google, in some sense).

So should I setup some kind of a private modules repository (like
private npm repositories for js or pypi for python) where the library
source archives can be saved !? Is there no other way to do this for
multi-module repositories ?