On Thu, Sep 10, 2020 at 9:25 PM Uday Kiran Jonnala <judayki...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks for the reply. We are fixing the issue. But the point I wanted to
> bring it up here is the issue of a thread causing the go process to be in
> defunct state.

Any thread can cause the go process to enter the "defunct" state. For
example, by calling os.Exit(), or panic(), or causing a signal to be
delivered that terminates the process (e.g., SIGSEGV).

> My kernel version is
> Linux version 4.14.175-1.nutanix.20200709.el7.x86_64 (dev@ca4b0551898c)
> (gcc version 7.3.1 20180303 (Red Hat 7.3.1-5) (GCC)) #1 SMP Fri Jul 10
> 02:17:54 UTC 2020

Is that the output of `uname -a`? It seems to suggest you're using CentOS
provided by the https://www.nutanix.com/go/linux-on-ahv cloud environment.
So we've established you are using Linux with kernel version 4.14. A kernel
that is now three years old. I don't have anything like it installed on any
of my virtual machines so I can't explore how it handles defunct processes.
But my prior point stands: A "defunct" process is one that has been
terminated but whose parent process has not reaped its exit status. Either
that parent process has a bug (the most likely explanation) or your OS has
a bug.

--
Kurtis Rader