On 10/20/20, gerritbinnenmars <gerritbinnenm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Ian,Thanks for the quick reaction. It seems my request was not
> clear.What I am doing is the other way around: using gccgo to build the "go"
> cmd.So clone the "go" source from github and then go build -compiler gccgo
> ./cmd/goGerrit

Assuming you are trying to get the compiler available on
github.com/golang/go (golang.org/dl) working on a hardware with ppc
e500 (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PowerPC_e500) by cross compiling it with
gccgo running on linux/amd64, that won't work.

gccgo and github.com/golang/go are 2 different compilers running on
different hardware and os platforms, supporting different sets of
hardware and os platforms.

After looking at the list of supported platforms on build.golang.org
and looking at the golang-nuts and golang-dev mailing list archives, I
can't see the ppc e500 as a supported hardware platform for the go
compiler (available on golang.org/dl or github.com/golang/go  .)
Getting a compiler to support a new platform or porting a compiler to
a new platform are usually non-trivial processes.
At this stage you'll probably want to use the gccgo compiler if that's working.
(Also you'll maybe find this useful:
https://github.com/golang/go/wiki/PortingPolicy )