> Client:
> FOR EACH pkg in pkgs DO
>   (1) result := "go test "+ $pkg;
>   (2) POST /$pkg/$result
> DONE

As I mentioned above: we can certainly do things this way, but there's
a big performance hit to invoking `go test` repeatedly.

To be clear, I'm not suggesting changing `go test`.  My first idea was
to write our own tool, that calls out to the API in
https://golang.org/pkg/testing/ to do the actual mechanics of testing.
But that API doesn't seem to be designed to allow such a thing -- as
one example, the `go test` commandline tool seems to do a lot of work
itself, that our tool would need to duplicate -- and it's unclear how
practical it is to force it.   There may well be better ideas we don't
know enough to even think of, though.

craig