you're using the analysis packages which have dependencies on calling the
go cmd internally
you could try passing readonly via GOFLAGS

the fact that your go.mod/go.sum changed means you should reevaluate what
you're doing,
specifically you have an unversioned/untracked dependency on gorilla/mux
via your testdata

as an aside, go1.16 readonly by default works (tested with tip)