On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 5:49 AM tapi...@gmail.com <tapir....@gmail.com> wrote:

> @Ian
> How about forbidding manual allocated memory references normal pointers?

I suppose I don't understand how to do that without being either
memory unsafe or being unexpectedly slow.

(If it's OK to be memory unsafe, then I don't think Go would be the
preferred language.  Go provides hooks to permit unsafe memory use,
but it doesn't make them particularly easy to use.  That is
intentional and I don't think we're going to change that.)

Ian