On Fri, 2020-12-25 at 18:11 +0100, Martin Hanson wrote:

> What are you on about!? This is my second post on this list, and even
> though both are about
> generics, they are adequately different to be kept about otherwise it
> becomes a big mess.

Some mailers do not properly handle headers necessary for list
threading (providing a References: header to referred-to message). This
appears to be the case with the mailer(s) you are using; the two theads
that you are writing into appear as 5 on my mailer (this most recent
reply being it's own thread for example - it provided no references to
20201225130054.wlctldlfxjf3hmuv@feather.localdomain>).