On Wednesday, 20 January 2021 at 10:05:24 UTC+1 cham...@gmail.com wrote:

> A bit out of subject but the naming with generics has always bothered me.
> It's more of an general observation and don't have a solution for it.
> I think we all agree that naming types and variables is important. Why for
> generics we accept that naming them E, K P, T etc.. is good and sufficient?

Also, until now, in Go identifiers beginning with a capital letter are
exported.
I personally liked the lower case identifiers they used in the
Featherweight Go paper (and for type parameters in Haskell). On the other
hand, I can see that many people are familiar with the T & Co. from C++ and
its various derivatives.
I don't have strong feelings either way, but it may be a chance to make a
better choice than other language ecosystems.