Hi Roger,

Thank you for sharing how you have solved the problem in the past and the
problems you have had. As I see it, my proposal would solve your
problem perfectly in many cases without the need to keep track of anything.
If you like it, it may be helpful to express your support:
https://github.com/golang/go/issues/44026

Thanks,

Christian