>> Note, that this is essentially one of the workflows suggested here (which I
>> would consider the canonical documentation for the "eng org wants to onboard
>> Go" case):
>> https://golang.org/ref/mod#private-modules
>
> I have realised a goproxy may be needed rather than a http server as I expect
> domain with https, will be required for security despite being LOCALLY secure.
>

>> Jim, I used replace this way just yesterday. It works fine, but is not easily
>> discoverable as a process and it took me a minute or two to figure it out.

It works well mostly but seems buggy at times. Saying functions aren't defined
with illogical fixes like connecting the internet and "updating transitive
dependencies. I'm starting to reluctantly come to the conclusion that I will
simply have to spend the time setting up a GoProxy, to be in a more tested
place.

Having to occasionally delete empty lines and put them back seemingly randomly
after a build tag is enough to deal with already.

Maybe I should dos2unix all my files or something?