Dnia 2021-03-15, o godz. 15:08:22
"Space A." <reexist...@gmail.com> napisaƂ(a):

> And what's happened to a new "generics" proposal, it also got a lot of
> critics

Apparently not that lot. Second (publicized) design was for me, and likely for
many other "vocal critics", good enough. My personal (and fresh) acceptance
stems from a simple fact that with current generics proposal I will be able to
do what I've been doing before with code generators. So there is a clear gain -
someone who will maintain my code will not be forced to analyze and maintain
generators.

> A few days after Russ locked it, so nobody can even say a word against it if
> they wanted.

On this list, that is not locked by Russ, I do not see "massive disapproval of
the community". Some people, including me, voiced concerns re expected clutter
and re worsened legibility. But these are minor disturbances. We just will
learn to read and visualize new meanings in the code.

--
Wojciech S. Czarnecki
 << ^oo^ >> OHIR-RIPE