On Tuesday, March 16, 2021 at 11:27:12 AM UTC+1 Haddock wrote:

> Therefore I wonder whether it would make sense for the Go core development
> team to define a couple of generic interfaces for sets, lists, queues,
> maps, etc. that are part of the standard library to prevent some
> uncontrolled growth of all kind of generic collection libraries from
> setting in. So I wanted to ask whether there are any plans that go in that
> direction.

What about the Heap and List containers in the current stdlib? And in
addition since the math.Max (and friends) function were often given as top
examples of why generics are desired, I wonder if their generalised version
are part of in the planned generics implementation path?

Since both are not stated in the current design specification (or github
proposal), I am assuming the answer is "no" to both questions. It would be
wonderful though. Maybe initially as golang.org/x repos to not lock-in the
design from the start?

-Markus