On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 11:59:47PM -0700, christoph...@gmail.com wrote:
> Thank you for pointing this out. I wasn’t aware of it. But the question
> still holds for published main programs.

If you have such a tight dependency that you need to develop them in parallel
(and hence need replace directives to a local fork) maybe they ought to life
in the same module?
Then you don't need to have a replace directive in the first place.

Other than that, git is your friend... *Do* commit the change and then rebase
the thing away when you don't need it anymore.