On Saturday, June 5, 2021 at 2:15:27 PM UTC-7 Joshua wrote:

> However, I see lots of calls of "If you're using pointers to interfaces a
> lot, you probably don't understand them".
>
> Well, what am I not understanding?

To answer this particular point:  In most cases (or most cases in actual
practice?) an interface can be thought of as a pointer, and treated as
such, so there's no reason to add the extra complication of another level
of indirection.

I have to agree with the OP and Axel (and possibly others) that the
subsequent prose about copying a struct as a consequence of copying an
interface is confusing.  It surprised me to read that.  I like Brian's
restatement that *assignment to an interface value* causes the copy.