You don't need to build and encode the Authorization header yourself - you
can use Request.SetBasicAuth
<https://golang.org/pkg/net/http/#Request.SetBasicAuth>.  Building it
yourself is fine too, if you do it right - google "go http authorization
basic" for some examples.

Your code has a lot of other problems:
- you shouldn't put semicolons at the ends of lines
- there is no ContentType member in the Request structure - this is a
header.  It's normally passed as an argument to Post
<https://golang.org/pkg/net/http/#Post>.  See the code for client.Post
<https://golang.org/src/net/http/client.go?s=27914:28004#L829> to see how
to do it by hand
- similarly, the request method is implied by those functions, or passed as
an argument to NewRequest <https://golang.org/pkg/net/http/#NewRequest>.
- you seem to be overriding the Host from the url with a different one