Hi everyone!

Since I upgraded to Go 1.17.1 on macOS, it seems like whenever I run the
compiler, it prints out GC traces just like it was invoked with
GODEBUG=gctrace=1.

It might look like this:

$ go build main.go
# github.com/pion/dtls/v2/pkg/crypto/clientcertificate
gc 1 @0.004s 6%: 0.012+1.8+0.013 ms clock, 0.077+0.11/2.1/1.4+0.079 ms cpu,
4->4->3 MB, 5 MB goal, 6 P
# github.com/pion/dtls/v2/pkg/crypto/signature
gc 1 @0.003s 4%: 0.008+1.6+0.087 ms clock, 0.051+0.081/0.91/2.0+0.52 ms
cpu, 4->4->3 MB, 5 MB goal, 6 P
Many more lines omitted

I cannot for my world understand what is causing this. The GODEBUG
environment variable is not set, and I also have no aliases in the shell
that could explain this.

Went back to Go 1.16.8 and the problem is gone. Also built my own tool
chain from the 1.17 release branch of https://github.com/golang/go.git, and
it gives me the same behavior, by printing out GC traces.

I must be missing something really simple, so does anyone have any ideas?

Regards
    //Jan Flyborg