> The limit is going to be both platform dependent and dependent on the
resources (e.g., memory) available on the platform.

Then this is the answer you should have started with

> absolutely no one will ever write a function that gets within many orders
of magnitude of the limit

I mean, nobody will ever go to the stars, so nobody should ask what it
would take to get their, right

That's really bad. That's attacking "creativity" and "curiousity" both at
the same time

> So your question is interesting in a hypothetical sense

This is also "curiousity" - learn to recognise it so you don't stifle it in
future.