Hello Gophers,

I recently had an opportunity to try out Go generics on a small pipelines
package <https://pkg.go.dev/github.com/splunk/go-genlib/pipelines>, along
with some of my coworkers.

The overall goal of this package is to provide helpers for separating
concurrency from the core logic of the computation. The result was intended
for I/O bound computations, and so it's likely inappropriate for managing
short-lived goroutines. It takes a functional programming approach,
providing helpers with familiar names seen in other APIs like Map, FlatMap,
OptionMap, etc. One feature which I am particularly happy with is that
concurrency concerns like worker pool size and channel buffers are
configurable with minimal disruption to the rest of the code.

Take a look at the library
<https://pkg.go.dev/github.com/splunk/go-genlib/pipelines> and its
accompanying blog post <https://kalexmills.com/journal/pipelines/>. I'm
open to any of your thoughts, suggestions, and issue reports.

Sincerely,

K. Alex Mills