After I posted this on Friday I saw about adding .git to the end, and that
didn't work. Then it started saying:

repository.web.mycompany.com/st_nsres.git
but package is
repository.web.mycompany.com/st_nsres
<http://repository.web.mycompany.com/st_nsres.git>

Or something like that. What I had to do was delete the go.mod of
repository.web.mycompany.com/st_nsres
<http://repository.web.mycompany.com/st_nsres.git>, reinitialize go mod
init repository.web.mycompany.com/st_nsres.git. I then pushed that, created
a tag:
git tag "v0.1.1", then git push origin "v0.1.1".

Then in the application I built that used that package I had to go get "
repository.web.mycompany.com/st_nsres.git". --THEN it started working.

When I look at the source code to go get  -- MAN the work the Go authors
put into that is pretty amazing. Does anybody think it might be possible to
write a go git command that might do the same things go get does but ...
just for git?  In the days before go mod, I could just go into my goroot:
go/src/repository.web.mycompany.com/ then do a git pull
repository.web.mycompany.com/st_nsres.git. From there Go would look for it
there and you wouldn't need to do a go get on it. I am not sure where it
stores it today, if it were possible to somehow cache it manually like that?

Thanks for the help Christoph!!!