I'm curious how often you perform such refactoring? In my experience such
changes are extremely rare and usually require other changes due to
differences in the API of the two third-party packages . Which means, in my
experience, expending effort to automate such import rewrites typically
requires more effort than just doing it "by hand". The gomvpkg tool is
meant to solve a more common problem that does happen with some regularity.
Namely, changing the paths of packages private to a particular project as
that project evolves. Which is why that tool "doesn't get the job done" for
your situation.

--
Kurtis Rader