In your reply to the request for `go env` output you say "For all of the
above I am using WSL (bash under Windows 11)". It looks like you're using
the native Windows Go toolchain from WSL. I would not expect that to work
and that is likely the reason you're having problems. You should install Go
for Linux in WSL and use that. Note that "bash under Windows" isn't an
accurate description of WSL (although, it is a widely used one). WSL is
really a way to run Linux side-by-side with Windows in a manner akin to
what you would get with a third-party tool like VMware and with sharing of
filesystems. Running a native Windows program from WSL might work but you
cannot assume that is true.

--
Kurtis Rader