Just checking that you came across this already?
https://grpc.io/blog/state-of-grpc-web/

gRPC can't be implemented natively in browsers. You can sending something
gRPC-like and then convert it back to gRPC at the server.  But for
bi-directional streaming, I think you need to look at Websockets or
Server-Sent Events.