On Thu, Dec 01, 2022 at 08:42:46PM -0800, hey...@gmail.com wrote:
> Using a Makefile makes sense.
>
> And thanks for bringing embed to my attention. I never knew it exists. Sounds
> like it can solve my problem.

Yeah, embed is brilliant, I'm glad it can help you.

One thing I forgot to mention is build tags. If you only have a few
options of different things to embed / change, they're a great way
to specify them. Just have a few small different files containing a
line like '//go:build mytag', defining things as you need them, and
set the tags appropriately when you build / install with '-tags
mytag'. It's easier and nicer than replacing things with a makefile.