On Monday, 19 December 2022 at 10:01:41 UTC Torsten Bronger wrote:

> I would additionally check for ctx.Err() != nil somewhere in the
> loop. Or is there a reason why this is not necessary?

See https://pkg.go.dev/context#Context

    // If Done is not yet closed, Err returns nil.
    // If Done is closed, Err returns a non-nil error explaining why:
    // Canceled if the context was canceled
    // or DeadlineExceeded if the context's deadline passed.
    // After Err returns a non-nil error, successive calls to Err return
the same error.
    Err() error

Therefore, it's impossible for ctx.Err() != nil unless ctx.Done() is closed
- and the loop is already checking for this.