FWIW, I still use the Poor Man's Debugger most of the time to understand
the behavior of running programs where I can afford to iterate while trying
to understand a problem. Having said that I do regularly use an actual
debugger to examine core dumps (both user space and from a Unix operating
system panic). I simply find using a debugger less efficient on "live"
programs where I can afford to run the program multiple times.

--
Kurtis Rader